Saturday, June 14, 2008

Day 1: Thursday, June 12th

Here begins the chronicle of my month in Sitka working as the Stage Manager for the Fine Arts Camp. I didn't have internet access until a few days in (today), so I'm back-posting from the journaling I've done. I realize that my audience could possibly approach a prime demographic of 5 readers, ages 22 to 45+ (you're welcome, Mom). As such, I'll try to cater my stories to that audience.


On the flight from Seattle, I actually ended up flying across the aisle from my boss, Jay Bradley. Prior to the flight, I had no idea what he looked like, but he was chatting with a flight attendant about working on the stage at the Fine Arts Camp and I soon put two and two together. I said hi, and he promptly fell asleep for the remainder of the flight. He woke up when we landed, but I didn’t see him again until the next day at 4:30.
Two twins, Anna and Alex, picked myself and 2 other counselors up in the Camp's ancient van, affectionately named "Stallion." We rocked out to a cassette tape of Pat Benatar's "Fired Up." Needless to say, this was the highlight of the day.

No comments: